Topic/ theme: ICT – Information and communication technologies, Pedagogy and didactics, Using ICT to engage students in the modern classroom
At your request, the courses can be structured for a different schedule (5 or 7 training days).
Sending partners: educational organizations involved in formal, non-formal and informal learning: kindergartens, schools, adult training centers, resource centers and other relevant organization active in the adult education field established in Erasmus+ program countries.
Participants: 20-25 adults involved in education
Course fee: According to the Erasmus+ guide, 80 euros / training day, including course preparation, training, training materials, administration costs, organizational costs, 24 hours emergency support.
Trainers: multinational team of trainers – Portuguese, Romanian and Maltese, SALTO affiliated, with specialization courses in more than 15 European countries.
Languages used: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French. The training materials will be provided in English. On request, Spanish and French.
Profile of the participants:
The participants are teachers (working in kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools etc.) or adult trainers active in the sending organization interested in Digital learning and in growing a creative and intercultural environment in their institutions, with or without previous experience, willing to develop themselves professionally not only through the course, but by involving themselves in preparatory and follow up activities. They must be interested in other cultures and in developing the institution’s European dimension.
The main outcome of this course is to enable the participants to implement digital technologies in their practices of teaching, learning and assessment in order to create a fun and engaging environment, helping them to:
– to develop ICT competences about applying technology in different educational settings in order to improve the motivation and the creativity of the students;
– to share best practices and transfer knowledge and methods between different cultural zones (at least 3 countries) and different learner ages;
– to develop tools (a digital game, an E-portfolio, digital stories) about ways of applying technology in education for different age groups;
– to enable participants to find at least 5 activities and techniques for their own teaching context in order to boost the motivation of their students;
– to increase participants’ confidence in using web 2.0 social media tools;
– to gain inspiration to apply digital technology in the classroom
– to promote European cooperation in the field of education within the framework of the Erasmus+ program by partnership building;
By taking part in this training course, the participants will:
- Develop competences regarding applying digital education activities and techniques in different formal settings
- Develop communication, collaboration, presentation, problem-solving, negotiation, critical & creative thinking skills;
- Develop competences of ensuring harmonious group building (taking into account diversity challenges) and transforming the class as a group into a team
- Have a better understanding of their own competence as teachers and will learn how to develop creative digital strategies for dealing with challenges in their own schools and classrooms
- Learn how to develop tools (a digital game, an E-portfolio, digital stories) and learn about ways of applying technology in education for different age groups
- Identify at least 5 activities and techniques for their own teaching context in order to boost the motivation of their students;
- Have a better confidence in using web 2.0 social media tools;
- Be inspired to apply digital technology in the classroom
- Understand the students’ different realities and how to use digital methods and tools in order to better teach them
- Learn how to use tools that will help create bonds between the students and the teacher in a way that every student feels encouraged
- Develop ICT competences about applying technology in different educational settings in order to improve the motivation and the creativity of the students and to ensure the progress of every child;
- Improve their interpersonal relationships
- To promote European cooperation in the field of education within the framework of the Erasmus+ program by partnership building
- Develop e-tools and techniques that can be used in order to increase student’s motivation and combat drop-out phenomenon;
The main methods will be through practical training, exercises, role-playing, cooperative work, various activities and discussions. The content is based on „learning by doing” combined with “reflection upon action”. The training course has a holistic approach:
- Experiencing: different educational settings, different digital education methods and tools (Plickers, QR Codes, escape rooms in Google Forms, Goosechase, Jeopardy games, Wordwall, Quizlet, Flipgrid, Cloud tools – Google Suite, Designing Crosswords & Quizzes, Mind Maps & Word Clouds, Avatar etc.)
- Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of digital and inclusive education, on building a pedagogical process etc.
- Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with their students
- Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
- Developing: the building capacity of the participants (to be transferred to their students) by including them in the decision process of the training course designing
- lessons learnt and best practices on digital and inclusive education in school activities
|Days||Module||Details of activities and methodology|
|Day 1,2||Culture and interculturality||Introductory meeting, explanation of practical arrangements, presentation of timetable, information about course venue. Intercultural games. Working in an international project – how to communicate and connect. Icebreakers Team building: working with colleagues and stakeholders – practical exercises followed by a debate. Stereotypes and prejudices about ICT in the classroom Games, methods and tools for improving communication between the participants|
Cultural trip – project tour exploring exterior manifestations of culture Introduction to the Course
|Day 3,4||Digital apps – tablets and smartphones||Preparation for implementing various ICT tools, applications and web platforms. Using Plickers, QR Codes, building escape rooms using Google forms, Goosechase, Jeopardy games, Wordwall, Quizlet, Flipgrid. Cloud tools – Google Suite|
Designing Crosswords & Quizzes
Mind Maps & Word Clouds
Creating an Avatar
Using digital apps in outdoor settings
Personalised digital tools sharing: participant’s choice!
|Day 5||Podcasting and visual materials.||Digital storytelling Audio/video project based on the learner’s realities|
Podcasting & Recording Audio for online use
Online learning – principles and good practices.
|Days 6,7||Blogs and websites||Using European School Education Platform for finding suitable methods for implementing ICT in the classroom Blogs and websites : Uses & Learning Potential|
Designing a Blog, website.
Groupwork: the project’s Blog/Website
|Day 8||Digital methodology||Study visit to a local institution which is implementing European projects. Gamification of the classroom.|
Collaborative digital tools
Digital tools in evaluation.
|Day 9||Evaluation Erasmus dissemination Networking||Dissemination and valorization activities planning. Dissemination of previous European projects made by all partners.|
Using European certification tools: Europass Mobility certificate, upgrading the Europass Language Passport and Europass Skills Passport