– involve students in outdoor learning experiences
Topic/ theme: non-formal education methods, activities and tools in the formal environment
At your request, the courses can be structured for a different schedule (5 or 7 training days).
Sending partners: educational organizations involved in formal, non-formal and informal learning: schools, adult training centers, resource centers and other relevant organization active in the adult education field established in Erasmus+ program countries.
Participants: 20-25 adults involved in education
Course fee: According to the Erasmus+ guide, including course preparation, training, training materials, administration costs, organizational costs and 24 hours emergency support.
Trainers: multinational team of trainers – Portuguese, Romanian and Maltese, SALTO affiliated, with specialization courses in more than 15 European countries.
Languages used: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French. The training materials will be provided in English. On request, Spanish and French.
Profile of the participants:
The participants are teachers or adult trainers active in the sending organization interested in outdoor education methods, with or without previous experience, willing to develop themselves professionally not only through the course, but by involving themselves in preparatory and follow up activities. They must be interested in other cultures and in developing the institution’s European dimension.
– to develop personal and social skills through outdoor activities and lessons
– to develop competences regarding applying outdoor education in different formal settings in order to improve the motivation of the students
– develop a personal activity plan; how to put new knowledge into action back home and how to support the school development in the field of outdoor learning.
– to share best practices and transfer knowledge and methods between different cultural zones and different learner ages
– to increase participants’ confidence in working with non-formal methods, using their own qualities, talents, differences, as well as the collective intelligence of the home team they will guiding in the valorisation process
– to promote European cooperation in the field of education within the framework of the Erasmus+ program by partnership building
The main methods will be through practical training, cooperative work, various activities and discussions. The content is based on ”learning by doing” combined with “reflection upon action”. Positive atmosphere, exchange and fun is a part of the process during the training. The course will take place mainly outdoors close to nature.
|Days||Module||Details of activities and methodology|
|Days 1,2||Culture and interculturality||Intercultural games. Working in an international project – how to communicate and connect. Team building: working with colleagues and parents – practical exercises followed by a debate. Stereotypes and prejudices.
Cultural Isla – project tour exploring exterior manifestations of culture.
|Day 3,4||Outdoor Education||Adapting different outdoor games to the age group. Workshops for personal and social development and how to teach school subjects outside the classroom.|
|Day 5||Group dynamics.||Intra and inter group dynamics. Workshop of outdoor leadership. Workshops showing a diversity of outdoor activities and exercises, by using “heart, hand and head” experience outdoors environmental education.
|Days 6,7,8||Education methods (formal, non-formal, informal)||Study visit to a local institution applying outdoor methods. Dissemination of previous European projects applying non-formal and informal methods made by all partners.
Creativity methods in the outdoor education.
Outdoor workshops in the city environment – Isla/ Lisbon as an outdoor education resource.
|Day 9||Evaluation||Dissemination and valorization activities planning. Using European certification tools: Europass Mobility certificate, upgrading the Europass Language Passport and Europass Skills Passport. Project evaluation.Certification outdoor ceremony.|